ITIL Foundation Online – Why to take up this certification?
ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) is a methodology which facilitates best practices in IT Service Management. ITIL is owned and maintained by United Kingdom Cabinet Office committed to maintenance of alignment between future versions of ITIL and ISO/IEC 20000. ITIL is aimed at providing the framework of best practices from both public and private sectors within any technical environment.
Though there is no prerequisite for taking up an ITIL examination, but professionals working in IT companies or IT supported environment can go for this course. ITIL certification is a level based certification where in to acquire ITIL Expert Certification, a professional has to clear 3 levels namely- ITIL Foundation, ITIL Intermediate (Lifecycle and Capability Model), MALC (Managing across Life Cycle). Post acquiring MALC, a person can be qualified as ITIL Expert.
A number of IT professionals are opting for this certification because of its growing demand over the years. This has been observed that ITIL certified professionals have an edge over the professionals who are not certified. Some of the benefits of ITIL certification are:
- The training i.e. the methodology and examination has positively impacted the skills of the IT professionals thus making them more efficient in performing their roles and responsibilities in their respective organizations.
- The management skills improve post getting certified and professionals find themselves more capable of taking up managerial responsibilities.
- ITIL certified professionals feel more confident than their non-certified peers as it enables them to utilize best practice knowledge to organization advantage.
- Last but not the least; it does help in better career prospects and thus higher earnings.
Since most of the professionals are not able to take up this training owing to hectic work schedule and time commitments; they can opt for online training -a best alternative to the conventional classroom training. Online Training enables an individual to learn according to his convenience and is best suited in case of working professionals. A person can become ITIL Expert in 30 days with the help of rigorous training and of course determination and hard work.
– Mayank Jain, ITIL Foundation Certified
Took an online training for ITIL Foundation with examination from Simplilearn Solutions and right now enrolled for ITIL Intermediate OSA module. Thank you Simplilearn for the best online training!
FYI, Simplilearn provides Online training for professional certification courses in domains such as Project Management, Quality Management, Agile and scrum, IT Service, IT Security and Finance Management. You can refer their website Simplilearn Solutions for more information.